BOARD OF DIRECTORS VACANCY AT BTI COLLEGE
In accordance with TVET Act Section 28(3), Act No. 18 of 2014, BTI College has a functioning Board of Directors who serve for a term of 3 years and are eligible for renewal for one more term.
We are seeking two new members to join our multi-disciplinary Board. Board members are responsible for the overall governance of the College. They guide strategy; ensure compliance with laws and policies such as safeguarding; guide the principal; assist with fundraising; and help raise BTI College’s profile.
Unless needed for extraordinary reasons, board meetings usually occur quarterly at the College’s main Campus in Kiserian or virtually.
THE FUNCTIONS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS SHALL INCLUDE —
(a) Overseeing the conduct of education and training in BTI College.
(b) Promoting and maintaining standards, quality, and relevance in education and training institutions.
(d) Developing and implementing BTI’s strategic plan.
(e) Preparing annual estimates of revenue and expenditure for the institution and incurring expenditure on behalf of the institutions.
(1) Receiving, on behalf of the institution, fees, grants, subscriptions, donations, bequests, or other money and to make disbursement to the institution or other bodies or persons.
(g) Determining the fees payable and prescribing conditions under which fees may be remitted in part or whole under the guidelines developed under the provisions of the TVET Act;
(h) Mobilizing resources for the institutions.
(i) Developing and reviewing programmes for training and making representations thereon to the Board;
(j) Regulating the admission and exclusion of trainees from the institutions, subject to Kenya National qualifications framework (KNQF).
(k) Approving collaboration or association with other institutions and industries in and outside Kenya subject to prior approval by the TVETA;
(l) Recruiting and appointing trainers from among qualified professionals and practicing tradespersons in relevant sectors of industry.
(m) Determining suitable terms and conditions of service for support staff, trainers, and instructors and remunerating the staff of the institutions in consultation with TVETA;
(n) Making regulations governing the organization, conduct, and discipline of the staff and trainees.
(o) Preparing comprehensive annual reports on all areas of their mandate, including education and training services, and submitting the same to TVETA;
(p) Providing for the welfare of the trainees and staff of the institutions.
(q) Encouraging, nurturing, and promoting democratic culture, dialogue, and tolerance in the institutions; and
(r) Discharging all other functions conferred upon it by the TVET Act or any other written law.
The Board of Directors shall comprise individuals who have demonstrated significant achievements in business, education, professions, and/or public service. They must have the requisite intelligence, education, and experience to make a significant contribution to the deliberations of the Board of Directors.
Here are the qualifications:
• Be a Kenyan citizen.
• Hold a minimum of a degree from a recognized institution.
• Have at least five (5) years work experience in management/governance positions
• Have demonstrated professional competence and managerial capabilities.
• Demonstrate an appreciation of the diversity within the Country.
• Be visionary and strategic in approach.
• Be a team player with the ability to network.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability.
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
• A postgraduate qualification is an added advantage.
• Experience in a similar role in the past is an added advantage.
• Knowledge and experience in fundraising are also added advantages.
Don’t Keep. Share!
To apply, submit your CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, and ID card should be submitted via email@example.com
Closing Date: 27th March 2023